Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A work stoppage in which the workers refuse to leave their place of employment until their demands are considered or met. Also called sit-down strike.
2. An obstruction of normal activity by the act of a large group sitting down in public to express a grievance or protest.
3. Informal An act, instance, or period of sitting.
4. Informal A meal for people seated at a table.
1. Performed or accomplished while sitting down: a sit-down discussion; a sit-down protest.
2. Intended for people seated at a table: a sit-down dinner for 12.
1. done or accomplished while sitting down.
2. (of a meal or food) served to or intended for persons seated at a table.n.
5. a period or instance of sitting, as to talk.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sit-down - a strike in which workers refuse to leave the workplace until a settlement is reached|